March 3, 2011

The 39 Clues: The Viper's Nest

In the 7th installment of the 39 Clues, this one is the second in the series written by Peter Lerangis [his first was "The Sword Thief"]; Amy and Dan have a lead with a new clue involving Shaka which takes them to South Africa. The two find a lead about Winston Churchill that will maybe give them a major league in the competition and the truth on their branch of Cahills.
This book was a fun adventure novel that really doesn't do anything but give you a good time, no thinking required. Though when you think about it [but you don't have to] it is pretty mind boggling. One of the flaws is that the two don't really share their feelings they just all like "I hate it, I hate it, I hate it", which gets REALLY BORING. But it is still a fun, enjoyable, and [on the most part] awesome. I really am fascinate with the [idea] of each book being written by a different author [although some authors have wrote two in the series], but the authors need to know that though they can each add their own writing style, they can't change the plot too much. All in all a fun read.
3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison