November 20, 2011

The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Summary: My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.
My review: Epic. Battle. Really. Great. Book. 
Those were my words after finishing The Iron Queen! I underestimated these books, I knew they were good. But this was something else. This was a fantastic way to end the battle between The Iron Fey and the Seelie and Unseelie courts. 
I loved how much the characters have developed since the first book. This series has had one the best character development I've ever read. 
I loved the lore and myths surrounding the Iron Fey, and it was quite cool that a new species of faery spawned from the thing that is lethal to faeries. I really like that some of the creatures/demons were named after things that annoy us on our very own computers. That was trey cool and I'm considering renaming my computer "Gremlin" after one of the funny and almost cute creatures from this novel. 
The writing style in this is beautiful, and very vivid. Kagawa is a wizard (or maybe a faery) with words!
The one thing I didn't like about this book was how tense it was, it was hard for me to sit back and enjoy it. Enjoy though I know tension builds suspense it's still hard to enjoy something when you're tearing your hair out. This wasn't necessarily a flaw, just not something I enjoyed. 
It's official, I think I'm team Ash now. He's just a bit cooler then Puck! Though I'll always have a soft spot for Puck and his endless comic relief. These boys rock and have the best and hardest love triangle in YA.

The Iron Queen is a book filled with epic fight scenes, wicked awesome powers, and is an all around epic novel!
5/5
Source: Bought from Amazon.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I have to start this series soon I don't think I've ever seen a negative review on it! It sound so good with fantastic lore. Excellent review, Benji!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her books this one was so good and I love the covers all of them are so pretty! Thank you for the great review the Iron Knight is the last sad to see it end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got the first book to this series and look forward to reading it for myself. Looking forward to reading the whole series.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The relevant details and happenings of past books are skillfully written into the narration and dialogue, and Ash's first-person POV gives us a rare view into his pragmatic, determined, warrior's psyche. Keep in mind that this story is the conclusion to the series, so you will definitely learn what happened in previous books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison