September 14, 2012

BBAW Day Five: BBAW Highlights

Today's Topic: 
Book Blogger Appreciation Week Highlights
  So another Book Blogger Appreciation Week has come to past *plays Green Day's Wake Me Up, When September Ends*, and it's been fun as heck! I've been introduced to a lot of awesome bloggers and books, and I've got to know some bloggers I've known for a while even better, which is always fun. But here are my highlights from the week!
   First things first: I got to know two bloggers I've been following and interacting with for a while a whole lot better! The two bloggers I'm talking about are the lovely Angela from Reading Angel and Jamie from Two Chicks on Books! Both I got to chat with a bit too this week, so those two were a complete blast!
   I was also introduced to my interview swap partner, Sheila from Book's Journey! Sheila has been blogger for 3+ years and it's always nice to get to know the more "veteran" book bloggers!
   And this wasn't really a highlight, but more of an observation, I realized this: I am not very good at scheduling posts to go up at the right time. Though I've never messed up on that before, I messed up twice with scheduling this week! On day one I accidentally posted the day two post instead of the day one post, and on day four I accidentally scheduled my post to go up at 12:00 pm instead of 12:00 am! So what I learned this week is I really need to be more careful when it comes to scheduling!
   As for books I was introduced to, I'm not even going to name a few. I got introduced to so many new books from so many different bloggers, it was insanity! But the bottom line is: my TBR pile just got a whole lot bigger (like it wasn't already huge?).

   This book blogger appreciation week was so much fun. Though there were a few drama queens/kings throughout, it was mostly a drama free week! The only thing better then this would be if all of us book bloggers took a week long retreat in  person. Now that would be awesome!

Hope you all had a AWESOME Book Blogger Appreciation Week!


11 comments:

  1. It's been great meeting your blog and being a new follower. I look forward to your future posts!

    Happy BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week long retreat of book bloggers would be super-awesome! This was my first year participating and this event rocked! I came across so many new to me bloggers who share my passion which made the week even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A week long retreat of book bloggers would be super-awesome! This was my first year participating and this event rocked! I came across so many new to me bloggers who share my passion which made the week even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to get to know new bloggers as well as bloggers you've known for a while.

    Don't feel bad about the scheduling thing! I've done that a time or two. I just avoid scheduling things around 12 because the am/pm thing confuses me if I'm not paying attention, ha.

    Have a great weekend!
    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the highlights for me was discovering your blog. I'm always impressed when a teen takes to the keyboard in support of books and writing. It's been pure pleasure to read your blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "And this wasn't really a highlight, but more of an observation, I realized this: I am not very good at scheduling posts to go up at the right time."

    Lol - so it was an unexpected kind of learning experience! That's great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful way to wrap up the week! I missed the drama, thank goodness, and I've come away refreshed and energized.

    As for scheduling--it's a must for me now or no posts go up, but oh how I struggled with it before. I feel you, Benji. There's nothing that says you have to schedule posts--unless you want to, right?

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you had a good week and thanks for participating in BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has been a terrific week!! My first BBAW....I definitely will be back next year.

    Met so many new bloggers and renewed friendships with bloggers I already knew.

    Have a great day!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Benji -

    I found your blog through Sheila's interview last week at Book Journey.

    I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am with your blog! You probably hear this all the time, but your blog is amazingly good, and it's hard to believe you are only 12! Wow. I suspect you have a long, successful writing career ahead of you.

    I have two sons myself, ages 14 and 18 (one an avid reader; the other not so much) who both enjoy soccer, too.

    Oh, and I love the photos of your book stacks featuring your guinea pigs!

    Congratulations on your excellent blog - I look forward to reading more of it.

    Sue

    Great Books for Kids and Teens

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison