November 6, 2012

Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines
10
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Hermione from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Ever since I read the Harry Potter books, I've sort of had a big fictional crush on her. Smart and awesome!
9
Twilight (Twilight, #1)
Alice from Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Though don't get me started on Bella, I always though Alice was one badass chick. Plus she was one of the nice vampires and all.
8
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
Juliette from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Man, Juliette is cool. Plus she's straight out of X-men but less geeky!
7
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Cinder from Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Cinderella has always been depicted as a complete doormat who can't think for herself or take any courage to stand up to anybody, and I will never stop loving Marissa Meyer for making her totally the opposite!
6
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
Johanna from The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Johanna doesn't take (pardon my French) shit from anybody and I love it. She'll take you down!
5
Reached (Matched, #3)
Cassia from The Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie
Cassia is my kind of girl. First she is all trusting of the society then she has a complete transformation. Love that in a character!
4
Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1)
Emma from Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Few people can kick your ass and say "Oh, my sweet goodness" at the same time. Hardcore. 
3
Struck (Struck, #1)
Mia from Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
A girl who's been struck by lightning a bunch of times and survived  does not sound like the kind of girl you want to cross!
2
Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
Tris from The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
Simply dauntless.
1
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Katniss, The queen of badass.

11 comments:

  1. I love that you included Alice! She doesn't get enough credit! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! I have a few of the books you mentioned on my reading list - but of the ones I've read, I loved Katniss & Cinder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Simply Dauntless"!! YES, AGREE ;) Awesome list!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE list! Loved seeing Hermoine right at the top and I loved seeing Cassia, Alice, Tris and Katniss as well :) Thanks for sharing! Old follower, here's my TTT

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really NEED to read Cinder. Must get on that. Also Shatter Me looks/sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katniss and Tris are my favourites too! Great picks! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Def Katniss! Love this post!! I haven't read some of those so I def need to check them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all these picks. Well, except Cinder since I haven't read it yet...but still. Katniss IS the queen of badass. And I love that you picked Alice! I never would have expected that from you, Benji.

    ♥Jessica(:
    Just a Booklover

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you put Cinder! I really need to buy that book. Also, yay for Johanna! I mean, come on, she was even tougher in the last book too.

    My TTT: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/11/top-ten-tuesday-fictional-crushes.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I've read most of them but for the ones I haven't read (like Cinder) it makes me want to read them more because I love kick ass heroines.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison