Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites
September 30, 2011
September 25, 2011
Sidenote: I would really appreciate it if you could keep your answers PG13. I'm sure you know what I mean by that...
- Take a book you are currently reading.
- Re-create a cover for it.
- Fill out the rafflecopter and add a link to the post.
- Create a blog post with the following information:
- Picture of book (before and after)
- Link to this post and Princess Bookie's Contest Craze.
September 24, 2011
- I Love Soccer
- I'm a Vegetarian (animals rock)
- I go to a school with 37 kids in grades Preschool to 6th (I'm in 6th)
- I live in a hippie infested town
- My dad is Canadian
- I have a load of Scottish blood in me. Yeah. I'm Braveheart's great, great, great, great, great, grandson
- I love pizza
- I write, a lot!
- The count of books I own is over 1000
- I only eat cheese on Pizza and Mexican food
September 23, 2011
September 22, 2011
Q. Do you have a favorite series that you read over and over again? Tell us a bit about it and why you keep on revisiting it?
September 21, 2011
September 20, 2011
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” lines from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
- Grab a book you're currently reading (and hopefully loving)
- Go to the 13th Chapter (if the book doesn't have 13 chapters, go to the closest to it)
- Scan the chapter for the scariest word
- Using Google/Yahoo images randomly pick on picture that comes up when you search the word
- Write a blog post that has the book's cover, title, your word and your image
- Link below
As much as I wouldn’t mind watching him squirm, I know that he’s innocent. So I’m brushing off my previously untapped detective skills and getting down to business. But I keep tripping over dead bodies and I’m still no closer to figuring out who did it. And what’s worse: all signs seem to point to me as the killer’s next victim.
I really need to pick a better boyfriend next time.
My review: This book looked really interesting. I love the Sherlock Holmes stories and one of the first books I read when I was learning to read was The Boxcar Children and I'm naturally attracted to mystery novels, I would love to be prowling the streets of London, or in this case, a suburban California town.
The book begins with Hartley and her best friend Sam breaking into Hartley's boyfriend's (pardon me, Hartley, ex-boyfriend) locker... Let's just say they don't like what they find. So they head over to his place to confront him... instead they find a dead body. Yikes! I was surprised by how easy Hartley handled it. She was like "Okay, man. There's a dead body in the closet... someone call the police." if I found a dead body I'd be like "Holy BEEP, what the BEEP is happening?! What the BEEP is going on?! Run away super BEEPing fast!"... so I wasn't sure if I should have been impressed or horrified by her lack of panic.I really liked Hartley, she was had such a funny voice! The book had me rolling on the floor at some points because she is so freakin' hilarious. She's very sure of herself. I also loved her description of other people... she has a knack for being spot-on and laugh out loud at the same time.
September 19, 2011
- 1.You should create a blog post with your OTP (One True Pairing), meaning your favorite couple from young adult books. Explain why they’re your favorite YA couple. If you don't have a blog, you can share your answer in the comments section.
- 2.To make it fun, add pictures of who you think can portray the characters.
- 3.Add the link to your blog or comment to the linky tool at the bottom of this post to participate.
- Here's mine:
- Clary and Simon from The Mortal Instruments
- I love these two, and how their relationship complicates throughout the novel... even though a lot of people think Jace and Clary should be together, I think Simon is a great dude and I love this outgoing, awesome personality. And of course his hilarious band names!
- Who I think should play Simon:
- Jesse Eisnberg, the star of The Social Network (which for those of you who don't know, it's about the creation of Facebook) he has a great attitude that would fit Simon swell... and though I know he's probably not going to play him in the real movie, it doesn't hurt to dream, right?
- Who I think should play Clary:
- Nikki Reed, who played Rosalie, one of the good vampire chicks in The Twilight Saga. I know this isn't I obvious choice, but I think she would fit the role quite well... if she died her hair red she might look exactly like Clary.