May 12, 2011

The Throne of Fire

In the second book of The Kane Chronicles trilogy by block-buster author Rick Riordan [author of the best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series] Sadie and Carter return in their biggest adventure yet. Summary: Ever since the gods of Ancient Egypt were unleashed in the modern world, Carter Kane and his sister Sadie have been in trouble. As descendants of the House of Life, the Kanes have some powers at their command, but the devious gods haven't given them much time to master their skills at Brooklyn House, which has become a training ground for young magicians.

And now their most threatening enemy yet - the chaos snake Apophis - is rising. If they don't prevent him from breaking free in a few days' time, the world will come to an end. In other words, it's a typical week for the Kane family.To have any chance of battling the Forces of Chaos, the Kanes must revive the sun god Ra. But that would be a feat more powerful than any magician has ever accomplished. First they have to search the world for the three sections of the Book of Ra, then they have to learn how to chant its spells. Oh, and did we mention that no one knows where Ra is exactly?

This book was epic. No other words can describe it! The only problem I had with this book is that it wasn't as epic as the first one, even in the climax of this book it didn't feel as intense as any part of The Red Pyramid. Except, that being said, this was still a near perfect novel. The two narrators- Sadie and Carter combine wisecracking humor with great descriptive words. Riordan has gone so far since his first novel, the plot in this book was so interesting and the characters were amazingly portrayed. This book was a fun, exciting and thrilling ride, one of the best books I've read in a long time!

5/5

3 comments:

  1. Hey Benji,

    This is the first review I've seen for The Throne of Fire. Wow, it sounds great!

    I read the sneak-peak chapter awhile back. Now I need to buy the book so I can read the rest.

    Are you on twitter? I tweeted a link to your blog yesterday, so you may be picking up some more followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I can't wait to read this one!! I absolutely love every single one of Riordan's MG books and I know he won't disappoint with this one! Great review, glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked this one up and I cannot wait to read it. I love the PJ series, so I'm excited to hear Rick Riordan does not disappoint with the new series.

    Marlene Detierro (Seward Alaska Fishing)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison