July 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 7/12

Teaser Tuesday is weekly meme hosted by Mizb at Should be Reading
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
This week's teaser is from:
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
And the teasers are:
1. "Please Mrs. Mason, I couldn't help it. The thief just ran into me. I expect they're after her ladyship's jewels."
"I didn't meet anyone on the stairs, so she must still be here somewhere. Make sure the front door is locked and search the house", ordered an energetic female voice. As for you, Walter, go upstairs at once and put something on to cover your hairy legs. Not a nice sight first thing in the morning.
2. "You can tell from that weird signet ring we wears," said Gordon. "Only gay guys wear that sort of thing."
"My grandfather always wore a signet ring," I said, although I didn't really want to get mixed up in this.
Then your grandfather was gay too, said Gordon.
You're just jealous," said Cynthia.
"Jealous? Me?"
" Course you are. Because Mr. Whiteman is the best-looking, most masculine, cleverest, straightest guy guy ever. Next to him you look like a silly, weedy, little boy."
"Thanks very much for the compliment," said Mr. Whiteman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison