July 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 7/5


Teaser Tuesday is weekly meme hosted by Mizb at Should be Reading
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
This week's teaser is from:
Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld
And the teasers are:
1.Alek stood there, his hand on the doorknob. He should be heading up, leaving these godless creatures behind. But he'd spent seven long nights watching the eggs and wondering what would emerge from them. In another few moments he would finally see.
2. At least it was clear enough that the creature didn't eat humans. It was far to small for that, and too.... appealing, even with it's strange excess of skin. Somehow the large eyes seemed wise and sad. Alek found himself wanting to pick up the animal and comfort it.
The creature extended a tiny hand.

4 comments:

  1. I guess this is what is called steampunk...geez I feel so out of date not knowing. lol ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am pretty sure this is steampunk, it's one of my favorite genres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey benji yesterday for an early bday present my nana got me a kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I have a kindle too! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison