July 26, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 7/26

Teaser Tuesday is weekly meme hosted by Mizb at Should be Reading
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
This week's teaser is from:
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
And the teasers are:
1. I wanted to sleep. I wanted to lie down and black out, and wake up to a world where best friends were never shot and little brothers never kidnapped. I wanted everything to be over and my life to go back to normal.
2. Fear and anger welled, and my sullen thoughts shifted to my present guide. Grimalkin seemed to know the path we should take, but how did he know where Puck would be? Why should I trust him? What if the devious feline was leading me into some sort of trap?
As I was entertaining these bleak thoughts, Grimalkin disappeared again.
Dammit, I'm going to tie a bell around the stupid thing's neck if he doesn't stop that.

2 comments:

  1. Great teasers, Benji! I really enjoyed The Iron King, I can't wait to see your review! Here is my Teaser Tuesday:
    http://thereadingchic.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday.html

    Love,
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Seirra!
    You have some GREAT teasers too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison