Armchair BEA is a yearly event that allows bloggers to participate in BEA from their home.
Ask the Experts!
Today's topic is Ask The Experts. I'm going to share my personal tips and trick for blogging.
- Be yourself. I know this is a little corny, but there are so many different styles of blog you can have! Write how you would talk to a friend. You don't need to sound professional, you just need to sound like you.
- Interact. Get out there. It doesn't matter if it's on twitter, facebook, another blog, or anywhere else on the interweb, but get out there and let your voice be heard. Pretty soon, you'll get noticed and more people will come follow your blog!
- Giveaways. Though some people will tell you "They just follow for the giveaways then never come back". This sometimes is the case, but generally I see the people who follow for giveaways come back. So hosting giveaways is a great way to gain a following! But make sure you don't give people too many hoops to jump through, because that just makes them annoyed.
- Don't be needy. During your first few review copy requests to publishers, it's important to make a good impression. Make them see you as a nice, professional, person. But besides having terrible grammar and such, there is no way to make yourself seem less professional then asking for a million books at once. My rule is not to ask the same publisher for more then a couple of books in the same week. It makes you look grabby and demanding, and might be the difference between you getting that awesome ARC you want.
- Have fun! Though everyone has a few bad days doing anything, if you're feeling stressed and not having fun, take a good look at your blog and decide if you want to continue, or find ways to cut back the pressure. Don't feel like you need to post everyday. I'd rather see a couple in-depth posts a week then a bunch of rushed memes. Remember, a happy blogger is a good blogger!