April 10, 2011

Zombies vs Unicorns

Summary: It's a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? In this anthology, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier (unicorn and zombie, respectively), strong arguments are made for both sides in the form of short stories. Half of the stories portray the strengths--for good and evil--of unicorns and half show the good (and really, really bad-ass) side of zombies. Contributors include many bestselling teen authors, including Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan. This anthology will have everyone asking: Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?
Okay, so I'll admit it; I'm was totally Team Zombie going into this so I was pretty hard on the Unicorns stories, at the end of the book I was still that way; but the both the unicorn and the zombie stories were very good. All of these authors are amazing and really perfected their stories; my only complaint was that there was only one really zombie-unicorn confrontation story which was disappointing because I wanted to see how a zombie would fare against a unicorn. The writing style was very good; each author using their own style but still every one of the stories connect. This book was very good, and finally settles the debate: Which is better the Zombie or the Unicorn? Go find out.
4.5/5

1 comment:

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison