March 8, 2011

Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star

Okay so today I was home sick so I decided to tackle the 2nd novel in the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull.
in "Rise of Evening Star" after some trouble in their own hometown, Kendra and her younger brother find themselves racing back to Fablehaven, a magical refuge for mythical creatures where their grandparents are the caretakers. But when the two arrive they find that something evil is afoot most likely caused by "The Society of The Evening Star" a group of people in the magical community who will stop at nothing to see the downfall of Fablehaven and all other magical preserves like it.
After reading the first one I was completely hooked. Brandon Mull really makes you want to root for the characters and care about their well being as every good book does. Unlike the first one, I think Mull develops the characters more and gives you more of an insight on their daily life, he especially does this with Kendra, who like I said in my review of the first book used to be really boring. Now she isn't so much. She worked harder to become more popular unlike that girl that "always sits alone at lunch" in the first book; Even though she is still a "goody two shoes" personality. I think he really explains more about Fablehaven and the world of mythical beasts which really fascinates as a reader. One thing I would like to ask of Brandon Mull is to write a prequel about how Fablehaven was founded. I think that would be really interesting and just plain "cool". Brandon Mull crafts the rare sequel that's better then the first. This book will sending you running as fast as your little [or big] legs will carry you to read the next one.
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison