April 29, 2012

Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Release Date ~ 5/22/12
Format ~ ARC
Publisher ~ Feiwel and Friends
Source ~ Publisher
Purchase: The Book Depository
Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma’s gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . .

Told from both Emma and Galen’s points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.
  Anna Banks' Of Poseidon was one of the funnest and funniest books I've read in a long time! Though the cover may look like a epic, serious paranormal saga (which it is at some points) it is mostly just a bloody hilarious book that should not be read while eating,. No, seriously. My ARC has lots of food stains because of uncontrollable laughing fits while reading. It is just not a smart idea!

 Emma was a character that I couldn't help but love! I wanted to marry her (apparently the government doesn't look kindly on marrying fictional characters though) when I found out she was a Titanic buff ( I freaking love Titanic), and she was just generally awesome! Plus, her narrative was so dang funny!

  Galen is the kind of love interest that you other love or hate. He's a little clueless to the way the human world works which causes him to sometimes be mean. Personally I found that endearing, but others might want to strangle him!

  The plot in Of Poseidon was really fast paced and there was never a dull moment! It was always entertaining to read!

Banks' writing style was really fun! It was easy to read, but didn't belittle the audience by using small words *cough* like Stephanie Meyer did *cough, cough*.

  I also really liked to read about the Syrena, and their history! It was a unique take on the mermaid legend!

  Of Poseidon was an awesome start to the Syrena series! I look forward to more from Anna Banks!
Cover Comments: Awesome cover! I love the water, and she is so PALE! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, yay! I can't wait to read this book. Books that cause people to go into uncontrollable laughing fits always win in my book. I can't wait for this book to come out!

    ♥Jessica(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good! But I am restraining myself from starting any new series, there are just too many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait 4it
    tnx 4 the review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I didn't know it was such a funny book! I definitely want to grab a copy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking forward to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had this one on my wishlist since I first saw the cover and read the blurb.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison