February 17, 2011

Birth of a Killer

In the prequel series to Darren Shan's bestselling [and one of my favorite] series "The Saga of Darren Shan" comes the story of Lartern Crepsley, before he was the mentor of Darren Shan and the highly ranked vampire general, Lartern Crepsley was a boy. After murdering his cousin's killer, Lartern must run, it is in a abandoned crypt [who knew something scary would happen there?] where Latern meets Seba Nile, a vampire. Seba takes Lartern under his wing, offering Latern to be his mentor. That takes Lartern on a long and scary journey to Vampire Mountain where Latern must prove himself worthy or suffer the consequences...
Darren Shan has done it again, he has crafted a smart, witty and adventurous novel. Shan has a writing style that is easy to read but still interesting writing. This novel is perfect for those boys who said 'no way!' to Twilight but still like vampires without the romance, I totally loved this book, it is one of my favorite books and is impossible to not like unless you are a evil wombat of utter terror!!! I hope I'm not boring you saying how great this book is but I love it! I can't wait for the sequel which comes out in April, in fact I've read this book so many times since it was released last October it's not even funny, [actually I find it more then laughable]. Loved it. Darren Shan is the best horror author around!
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison