February 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (7)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
TOP 10 BOOKS I'D HAND TO SOMEONE WHO SAID THEY DIDN'T LIKE TO READ
10
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
The Lightning Thief played a key role in my love of reading, before I read this, I thought it was impossible for one book to be both funny and serious (boy, was I wrong)! This book is perfect for all your reluctant readers (a pleasant name for boys). 
9
A Touch Mortal (A Touch Trilogy, #1)
Funniest. Character. Period. This book also has a great plot.
8
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
This book is a blend of comedy and tragedy at it's best. A great read for the older teen crowd (says the 12 year old).
7
Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool, #1)
Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
This hilarious mystery is filled to the brim with suspense (and inappropriate humor).
6
The Accidental Hero (Jack Blank Adventure, #1)
The Accidental Hero by Matt Myklusch
This book is great for Rick Riordan and Brandon Mull fans looking for the next series to start!
5
Divergent (Divergent, #1)
Divergent by Veronica Roth
This book was like "WHOA" with the action and plot. Loved it!
4
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
This book transports you into another world, one that is incredibly awesome!
3
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Read the description above, but set in the 19th century.
2
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
This book has it all: action, romance, and rebellion... how can you go wrong with this?
1
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter opens a world to so many readers... hopefully it will change these reluctant reader's minds.

11 comments:

  1. About the fifth list I've seen HP and The Hunger Games on. I'm glad we all agree!

    I recently read Clockwork Angel, and while I liked it, I wasn't completely enraptured. I still want to finish the series, though!

    Also, I LOVED Divergent. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list, most I've read and agree with, and am now curious of those I haven't. I support anything and everything Cassie Clare, and of course Hunger Games and HP are always great reads. Thanks for putting The Accidental Hero, I've never heard of that series but love Rick Riordan and always want books similar to those.

    Ashley
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of your choices! Great list. :)
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunger Games and Harry Potter are probably both responsible for making a lot of people into readers! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Percy Jackson is a great pick! The humor should keep most people hooked.

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely agree with The Hunger Games! Great choices!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl (Also @ The Broke and the Bookish)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry Potter is on almost every list I have seen today.. (mine as well)..
    The Hunger Games was not on my list as it is still a TBR for me. Am a new follower as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really good choices, I agree with you on almost of them.

    P.S. Could you please comment on this post: http://inabookshelf.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/youll-get-infected/

    It would mean a lot to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely agree with HP and the hunger games!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Divergent = INFINITY WOAHHH :D

    need to check out A touch Mortal then

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved almost all these books and will check out the ones I havent read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison