February 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine


Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.
Since then, Mac’s life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac’s hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy’s killer: A white werewolf. 
Lupine syndrome—also known as the werewolf virus—is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control. 
Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy’s murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy’s boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk. 
Kathleen Peacock’s thrilling novel is the first in the Hemlock trilogy, a spellbinding urban fantasy series filled with provocative questions about prejudice, trust, lies, and love.
Add it on Goodreads
I really love werewolf books and this one looks incredible. The lupine syndrome? Yes! Plus this one looks like it will be more then just a fast-paced paranormal thriller, it looks like it will have some emotional depth (yay)!

17 comments:

  1. Hurray for emotional depth, haha! Yeah, this one sounds good - I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the cover on this one! It's so rich in color. The synopsis has me adding it to my wishlist. It sounds soooo very good! I hope you'll drop by and check out my WOW this week.

    http://notyourmothersbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/wow-february-22-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this one, too! I've been waiting for a good werewolf book. And I LOVE the cover!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super excited for this one! I've been in the mood for a werewolf book for awhile, so I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!

    Great pick!

    My Waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a Pretty cover. Plus its been forever since I've read a decent werewolf book.

    My Waiting on Wednesday Pick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! I got this one last week and I'm super excited to start reading it!!! Awesome pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, Hemlock is on my TBR list! I have great hopes for this one, it sounds all kinds of awesomesauce. :)

    http://kwejk.pl/obrazek/960700

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book looks very good. And the cover is fantastic.
    Hope you would enjoy this.

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover seems really interesting! That's all I have to say lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This books sounds really good and the cover is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow... really like the cover book and except ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow it has a gorgeous book cover, very goth like.
    It does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the book cover as well. I've only seen this one recently and it sounds really good. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the name of the title because Hemlock is a very poisonous plant and it's a very fitting title :]

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book sounds great, I put it on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like a fantastic read! Thanks for posting!
    DeAnna Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds super interesting and the cover is gorgeous!! I'm gonna have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison