February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (7)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top 10 Books That Broke my Heart a Little
(Note: this may be a little spoilery, so use caution)
10
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
Why did Max have to die?? He was one of my favorite characters! WHY!?!?
9
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
I cry every time I even think about Rue dying. She did not deserve her fate, but it did help Katniss realize she had to kick some capitol butt.
8
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  (Harry Potter, #5)
R.I.P. Sirius Black.
7
Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)
All that suffering she went through... just to be recaptured.
6
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)
This was the diary of a wimpy kid where I finally realized they were just repeating themselves over and over.
5
Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)
She sacrificed way too much for her sisters... the ending made me sad :'(
4
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
I think you can tell from the title that this wasn't going to end well.
3
Ocean of Blood (The Saga of Larten Crepsley, #2)
Darren Shan writes the most bloody, horrifying books ever. This one also was tragic.
2
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Snape and Fred. WHY???
1
Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
It's sorta pointless. Katniss went into the arena to save Prim and Prim ends up dying. That is depressing.




7 comments:

  1. Great choices! HP 7 left my heart empty because the series was over and I didn't know what to do next. HP 5 broke my heart...I think it's obvious why. Most people were more choked up about HP 6, but I think both 5 and 6 made me really sad.

    Great picks. I'm going to have to check out the ones I haven't read.

    My Teaser Tuesday/Top Ten Tuesday post is here

    Happy reading!

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap!!! Im reading Fever now and your mentioned just gave it away to me, ughhhhh. Poor Rhine.

    Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I have Mockingjay on my list, because that left me gutted, not just heart broken. I accidentally caught your spoiler about Fever, but I figured that's what would happen anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember sobbing so loudly during Order of the Phoenix...not a cute cry either. Mockinjay really just destroyed me at times. Great choices!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairytale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices - the Rue moment is heart-breaking! Definitely bawled my way through that one

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison