July 3, 2012

Top Ten Books for People who like X Author

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books for People who like X Author
10. If you like Suzanne Collin's dystopian like The Hunger Games, try Divergent by Veronica Roth or Wither by Lauren Destefano. Both have great dystopian worlds!
9. If you like the high fantasy like George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire try Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, which though it is YA (unlike Martin's books) it is an amazing high fantasy.
8.  If you like Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson books try The Accidental Hero by Matt Myklusch which is a great MG fantasy with a guy main character, or if you feel like you need some more modern mythology try Aimee Carter's The Goddess Test.
7. If you're in the mood for more faeries like Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey, try Wings by Aprilynne Pike, which has awesome faeries and a great world.
6. If you love Cassandra Clare's works, try A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford or The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. Both have characters just as funny and a plot just as entertaining.
5. If you're a Stephanie Meyer fan *insert angry mob who wants my head here* try Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver or Josephine Angelini's Starcrossed, both have great paranormal romance.
4. If you feel like you want more like Jeff Kinney's Wimpy Kid books try The Strange Case of Origami Yoda which is a hilarious middle school book written in the same style, with a Star Wars twist or Lucky Cap by Patrick Jennings, which is so funny!
3. If you like "fluffy" dystopians like Ally Condie's, try The Selection by Kiera Cass which has a plot just as good as any dystopian but not so much blood!
2. If you want a light romance like Stephanie Perkins's novels, try Patrick Jenning's Barb and Dingbat's Crybaby Hotline!
1. If you need a good historical mash-up like Seth Grahame-Smith's books, try Fateful by Claudia Gray, Titanic, with werewolves.


9 comments:

  1. Great list of recommendations! I really want to read Divergent, a lot of readers seem to love that book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Benji! I loved Shadow and Bone so much! I'm about to start Game of Thrones too.
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great list Benji. I'm reading Shadow and Bone now and loving it. I might finish it on the plane tonight. (We're going on vacation.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list! I loved The Hunger Games and Divergent, so I'll have to read Wither now too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you gave suggestions for multiple authors ! I've heard good things about Wither!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your list and I'll be sure to check out your sugestions for Percy Jackson and the Olympians and A Song of Ice and Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading your list and recommendations. Cool approach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I've read most of the books that you have suggestions for, so I will probably be checking those books out! Like the MG fantasy for Percy Jackson...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome list, I am always looking for great books similar to the ones I've read. Thanks for the recommendations!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison