July 20, 2012

Top Ten TV Shows for Book Lovers

Hey guys. Today I realized that there a ton of TV shows that us book bloggers just love, myself included. So I decided to do a list of my top ten favorite (in no real order).
10
Once Upon aTime promo image.jpg
Once Upon a Time by ABC
Great retelling of Snow White, with excellent character development!
9
Grimm by NBC
Another modern day faerie tale, the thing I love about this show that Once Upon a Time doesn't have is how it blends all the classic Grimm tales into modern day crime mysteries. Every episode is completely genius!
8
Deadwood titleimage.jpg
Deadwood by HBO
I love this show, though lots of people criticize it for it's huge amount of sex and profanity, its has dialog that it feels like you're watching Shakespeare. I hate HBO for canceling it!
7
LongmireTV 1.jpg
Longmire by A&E
This crime drama that takes place in small town, Wyoming is a ton of fun! Great mix of stand-alone plot with recurring themes added in. 
6
Breaking bad title card.png
Breaking Bad by AMC
This show is addictive. It's a edge of your seat, gritty, insane drama. I'm going to be devastated when this show ends at the end of this season!
5
The Newsroom HBO.png
The Newsroom by HBO
This show has great characters and dialog. In it's debut season it's made me laugh, cry, and want to go into the cable news business! 
4
Dexter TV Series Title Card.jpg
Dexter by Showtime
This show is so ironic and funny. "Kill killers well aware of the irony.", lol!
3
Camelot 2011 Intertitle.png
Camelot by Starz
I am really sad that Strarz did not buy a second season. It was so gripping!
2
Game of Thrones title card.jpg
Game of Thrones by HBO
The best show on premium cable there is. I'm not a high fantasy fan usually, but this stuff is amazing. Great characters, great writing, great plot, great show!
1
"The Walking Dead" on a brown grunge background
The Walking Dead by AMC
One of the best shows I've ever watched, great world and very real characters plus awesome action, makes this show a true gem!

16 comments:

  1. I've watched some of these, but not all. It's wonderful to see books & stories covered by another medium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it sad that I've only heard of two of these shows? Sigh. These shows sound so fun though and I love, love, love crime dramas. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Grimm and Once Upon a Time would be good for readers, but the first episodes didn't hook me. I might have to go back and give them another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great choices. I especially love The Walking Dead, I think it has great character development. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I highly agree with Game of Thrones. I'm still a little on the fence about Once Upon a Time. I couldn't get into Grimm or Walking Dead. I couldn't stand Camelot, the writing seemed mediocre after The Tudors (not that it was brillant either, but much better), but that guy playing Arthur just awful in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too was a little heartbroken when Camelot got cancelled, I really love Eva Green

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny thing, only show I tried out of all of those was Once Upon A Time and I just didn't like it after a certain something happened. But i'll be sure to check out the rest!
    thanks for the suggestions Benji! ;)

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I loooove Grimm, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Camelot and Game of Thrones. I haven't seen the rest of them yet but they're on my list of things to watch.

    Stefanie McMullen

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't have cable or satelite but I usually get alot of these on DVD. I loved Once Upon a Time and The Walking Dead I just finished season 1 on DVD. Grimm is kind of like Supernatural in some ways and I love that show. I want to watch Game of Thrones and Deadwood but havent bought the DVD's yet. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And don't forget Castle!!! :)
    I love Once Upon a Time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen very few of these!! I love Game Of Thrones and Grimm but the rest I havent watched. Ill definitely check them out though :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've watched about 3 of them and heard of five more. They're incredible! I'll be checking the ones I haven't watched out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Game of Thrones, Grimn, and Once Upon a Time. I wished someone would pick up Camelot. I really enjoyed it. I would also put on there Rizzoli & Isles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once Upon A Time is one of my favorite TV shows! Each week, it is fun just try to piece the puzzle together. If you aren't watching it, I suggest you go back to the beginning and dive in to a world of fairytales and magic! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list you have! I've only watched Once Upon and Time, really must check out the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cannot wait to see 'Once' and Longmire looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison