July 10, 2012

Top Ten Villains

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Villains
This week is a freebie week where you may pick any topic you like!
10
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
Joffery from A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
Though he starts the series at my age (12) he is a hundred times more evil then me. And I'm pretty evil. Martin has a way of making you just hate someone. And the pike scene from the 1st book was utter evil genius!
9
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
Valentine from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Valentine is the most freakiest father a person could ask for. He was so amazingly written though, and he was for sure a out-of-the-box villain!
8
Struck
Rance Ridley Prophet from Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
He's the leader of a religious cult! How could he not be a great villain? He was also so great at manipulating people!
7
Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1)
Vaugh from Wither by Lauren Destefano
Okay, I would hate to have Vaugh as a stepfather like Rhine did. Part evil scientist. Part evil buyer of slaves to be his son's wife. All 101% evil.
6
Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
President Coin from Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
She was so cunning and ruthless. Though she was on the rebellion's side, I think she may have been more evil then snow (who is so. evil.)
5
Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)
The Obeahman from Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
He is the most scary ghost ever! I would wet my pants for sure if I ever met him!
4
Destined (Wings, #4)
Klea from Destined by Aprilynne Pike
She was one scary fairy! You did not want to mess with her!
3
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Warner was such a freaky guy. Sorta pervy too, lol.
2
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
Voldemort from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
He is just so evil on so many levels, it's impossible to describe.
1
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
President Snow from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
He is such a poetic villain. So evil. So awesome. 


13 comments:

  1. This list is made of awesome! Great choices! I love that you included A Song of Ice and Fire & Anna Dressed In Blood!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaugh, President Coin, Voldemort and President Snow are indeed some villians, but my favorite is Voldemort - of course, as a huge HP fan.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/top-10-tuesday-14-freebie.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a scary list! I can barely remember the villans in books and I think it's because I block them from my memory because they're so scary! One that does pop into my mind though is King Leck from Graceling and Fire. Especially when he was a boy. He really, really creeps me out because he is evil just because he can be not because he is out to seek vengeance or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list of some scary people! I definitely agree about Coin being slightly more evil than President Snow though they are both awful. Voldemort is probably my favorite...he's so well-written!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/top-ten-tuesday-28-fictional-crushes.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool list - I completely agree about Voldemort! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm only familiar with Valentine, President Coin, President Snow, and of course, Voldemort, but they all creep me out. I'm curious how villainous the others are!

    Aimee // Top Ten Ships That Broke My Heart (just a little)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course President Coin, Valentine, Voldemort, and President Snow made the list. How could they not? I'm not familiar with the rest...because all of those books are still on my to-read list. Thanks for reminding me of all the books I still need to read.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    P.S. If you stop by be sure to check out my giveaway for any book under $15.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the Obeahman, straight from nightmares. Also President Snow is a pretty decent villain, Vaugh not so much. Sadly, I haven't read the other books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So agree with this list...that Obeahman gave me nightmares the entire time I was reading Anna. And Voldermort is easily the worst in my book. But I kind of liked Warner from Shatter Me. I'm hoping he redeems himself and turns out not to be so evil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with these choices especially Voldermort and President Snow, those two have always freaked me out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This list is perfect! I agree with everyone, except for the few I don't know about, haha. Although Warner is kind of creepy, I was fascinated about him when I read it and he's much more interesting than Adam. Like starryeyedjen said, I hope he redeems himself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most of these books I haven't read yet but they are on my wish list!! Hunger Games blew me away, and yeah - President Snow is a fun villian ;D

    Mary DeBorde M.A.D.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this list its awesome. I've read 5 out of the ten listed. I would definitely put President Snow on top. It's you really hate him but then at times you kinda love him. He is a weird character. And to think that he was only doing what other people would. Great list, I have to read the other 5 books to see how their villains compare to the others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison