July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
With Dwight attending Tippett Academy this semester, the kids of McQuarrie Middle School are on their own--no Origami Yoda to give advice and help them navigate the treacherous waters of middle school. Then Sara gets a gift she says is from Dwight--a paper fortune-teller in the form of Chewbacca. It's a Fortune Wookiee, and it seems to give advice that's just as good as Yoda's--even if, in the hands of the girls, it seems too preoccupied with romance. In the meantime, Dwight is fitting in a little too well at Tippett. Has the unimaginable happened? Has Dwight become normal? It's up to his old friends at McQuarrie to remind their kooky friend that it's in his weirdness that his greatness lies.
With his proven knack for humorously exploring the intrigues, fads, and dramas of middle school, Tom Angleberger has crafted a worthy follow-up to his breakout bestsellers "The Strange Case of Origami Yoda" and "Darth Paper Strikes Back."
   I love Tom Angleberger and I love this series. Great middle great fun, and awesome ways to take a breather from the usual YA fare. Awesome cover and plot on this one too! Can't wait!


9 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of the author or novel but it looks good, so thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book before now, it sounds great!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-4th-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! My students LOVE this series. I've only read the first one, but really really enjoyed it. Angleberger is hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one before, but it looks awfully cute, and I just adore that cover. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound great. I'm fascinated by the Chewbacca's role in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am a new follower from Waiting on Wednesday. I would love a follow back!
    http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a new one for me. I love the lion on the cover it is sooo cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That book looks and sounds interesting, haha ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison