July 24, 2012

Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings
10
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Martin's world of Westeros is so diverse and spectacular! 
9
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Victorian steampunk England is so rich and enchanting!
8
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
The nevernever is so amazing! I love the icy winter court!
7
Wings (Wings, #1)
Wings by Aprilynne Pike
The world of the fey in this books is so amazing and lush!
6
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1)
The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of His Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
I'm actually reading this right now and fairyland is so awesome and weird.
5
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone by J.K. Rowling
The entire wizarding world is so rich and vibrant!
4
Twilight (Twilight, #1)
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Heck, I'm biased because I live within a hour of Forks, but so what?
3
Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
The world is amazing with everything you could want. It's part dystopian and part fantasy!
2
Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Trilogy, #1)
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Great high fantasy dystopian world with glittering palaces and dark shadows.
1
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Just so amazing... it's impossible to describe.


12 comments:

  1. I have THG, The Iron King, Harry Potter and Clockwork Angel on my list as well :) Haven't had a chance to read A Game of Thrones yet, but I'd really like to since I want to watch the show, but I know that once I've watched it, I'll not read the books. Also, I've heard great and bad things about Incarnate, but I think I'll give it a try as well :)

    My TTT

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of books! I still seriously need to read Shadow and Bone...
    And I've seen Wings on a lot of lists you've made! For some reason, I'm just not a huge fan of that series. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I left Shadow and Bone off my list! It's such an amazing world. Great list!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the list! I've only read The Hunger Games and Harry Potter - and agree, both Worlds were spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hunger Games was amazingly realistic, but it bothers me we never learn what happened to Eurasia, Africa, and Australia. Surely there would've been some interaction between the nations, ar at least their rebels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list of books and I agree with all apart from Shadow and Bone just because I havent read it yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun list! GRRM would absolutely be my top choice for world-building. He is simply amazing. I am just starting Shadow and Bone, I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a few of these on my list as well, and a couple that almost made my list. Awesome choices! Here's my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the Nevernever from the Iron Fey series on my list as well. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for The Infernal Devices and yay for steampunky Victorian England!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great choices. I also enjoyed the Chicago setting of the Divergent series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, The Hunger Games really did have a very vivid world setting. I haven't read any of the other books you named, but I'm sure they're all great. I can't get over that book with the REALLY long title--it even takes long to say it! :-P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison